Sunday, July 11, 2010

La Haine (Mathieu Kassovitz, 1995)

des imbéciles



Interesting that this film was just recommended to me, especially in light of what happened in Toronto a few weeks back.

I've always thought that this sort of protesting was silly; attracting stupid people and sometimes making otherwise rational people do stupid things. I'd say the young men in this movie fall into that category - stupid people. I had a difficult time feeling sorry for them as they fell in and out of trouble. Most likely because they seemed to always be looking for it. I guess if I saw this film 15 years ago I may have been able to better relate to their rage, but as it is, they just come off as a bunch of annoying punk kids.

Liked the movie...hated everyone in it.



Boston.com: The Big Picture | 2010 G20 Protests

La Haine: Trailer

1 comment:

MF said...

I really liked this back when it came out, but I've not been able to revist it because the European version of the dvd has unreadable white subtitles which blend into the screen.