Thursday, October 22, 2009

Birthday Wishlist

I'll be 34 in a month.

This post is for my peeps, struggling to come up with great gift ideas for me. It will also help prevent possible awkward moments, like me having to pretend how much I like the Canadian Olympic T-Shirt you got from HBC.


Sony Vaio P - $999.99



This will assist with my writing. At times I need to escape the distractions of my home, but my current laptop desktop replacement is a little too big to carry around comfortably. I also really like shiny, overpriced, Sony toys.


iPod Touch 64GB - $429.00



My iPod Old is starting to make loud whirring hard drive noises. A sure sign that it is near the end of its usefulness. It has served me well for almost 3 years. An upgrade has been long overdue. Now that they have the storage space I can work with, it's time for me to catch up with today's technology.


The Beatles: Stereo Box Set - 199.99



Paul better.


The Sartorialist (Limited Edition) - $135.45

The coffee table book, for the coffee table I do not own.


NBA League Pass (Broadband) - $134.95



Should be a highly competitive season. I need access to all games.


Ally McBeal: The Complete Series - 130.99



I'm on a 90s television kick right now. David E. Kelley is one of my favorite television writers. And uhm...Lucy Liu. (remember when she was hot?)


Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - $29.99



I need to play this before purchasing the hit sequel.


Socks - $8.50



Gotta keep my sock game up, yo.


That's it for now. Maybe I'll revisit this topic with updates, 2 weeks before my birthday.

3 comments:

MF said...

I'm also 34 the 29th of this month (Scorpios stand up!) and i specifically asked my folks to get me a bunch of socks to keep me going and save me spending my own money on socks.

Managed to fuck up a perfectly good pair of socks the other day in a new pair of Vans which i hadn't worn in around the house enough before going out all day in. They eviscerated both the back of my socks and the skin on my heel.

Boothe said...

What pisses me off the most about socks is that the expensive ones seem to rip quicker. I've had some that have only lasted through one washing.

MF said...

Very true.

Another sock-killer is when you get out of the shower/bath and you haven't dried your feet properly and you rip the heel out of your socks as you're pulling them on.