Friday, August 31, 2012

Chris Lighty



The man who, literally, put me on...Baby Chris. I am at a loss for words right now. - Chadio

Man, I'm really sorry about Chris Lighty. Such a nice guy to me & my band. May God rest his soul. Peace to his family. - Questlove

Very sad to hear about the passing of friend and #Violater founder Chris Lighty. Rest in Peace brother. - Slimkid3

My Heart Is Heavy..I'm Numb ..This is the man who sign me to my first Major label Violator/Relativity/Sony. RIP Chris Lighty - Frankie Cutlass

Lighty was one of my #heroes. Hope his soul finds peace. - Tajai

If you are REALLY in Hip Hop you know Chris... If you're not... You have NO idea how important and what a great person he was - Ice T

terrible news.. tremendous loss R.I.P. big homie - Prodigy

RIP Chris Lighty. Today, we lost a hip-hop hero and one of its greatest architects - Russell Simmons

Devastated by the news of Chris Lighty's passing. He was my friend, my brother and an enlightened human being. I will forever miss him - Dante Ross

Shows how people you have love for u need to get up w/em or check N w/em because you never know.. Violator Baby Chris ( Lighty ) RIP - Posdnuos

R I P Chris Lighty SMH to the mongrels that have made the BLACKmusic industry a depressing game to drag such good cats into a pit of bullsht - Chuck D

I am truly shaken to hear of the passing of my good friend CHRIS LIGHTY, he was an integral part of Brand Nubian's career... - Lord Jamar

He played a part in our coming up.. R.I.P. CL. Prayers to Family and Friends.. - Bootie Brown


Chris Lighty, smart and successful record exec, and an undeniably great guy, is dead. Self inflicted gunshot wound. Tragic. - Toure

RIP "baby" Chris Lighty. First time I met him was this day on 89' when he was road managing the JB's. Good guy, great sense of humor. - Domino

R.I.P CHRIS LIGHTY THE MAN THAT SAVED MY LIFE!!! - Fat Joe

my mind is blown... i (as well Chi Ali) personally helped Chris get Violator off the ground ... he was Black Sheeps first manager.. no words - Dres



"Road Manager, yeah...this joint is slamming."

No comments: