Wednesday, May 2, 2012

4 Better or 4 Worse - Slim Kid Tre Deciphered

"All you honey dips, I'm through."

One of the things I love about this track (and there's a few) is Tre's singing during the fourth (verse?) part of the track. Somehow they were able to make his gentle vocals work against, and with Fatlip's mad sermonizing.

Something always bothered me though -- I never (fully) understood what he was saying. I've never been the greatest at picking up on lyrics, and this album (Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde) had me scratching my head for years, trying to pick up certain words in their rhymes. A lot of my questions were answered with assistance from various lyric databases on the Internet, but this particular part, on this particular song, has remained a mystery to me for almost 20 years -- until now.

Thanks to an acapella version of 4 Better or 4 Worse included on the recent release off Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde: The Single Collection, I've been able to decipher what he was saying.

Here is what I was able to transcribe:

Sexy young slimmy
Get off my jimmy
Sexy young slimmy
Get on, get on, get on (whooo)

Baby, baby, yeah
Baby, baby, yeah
This is for Mrs. P
That sexy young slimmy (ohhhhhh)

Sexy young slimmy
Get on, get on, get on
Get on, get on, get on
Get on, get on, get on

Sexy young slimmy
Get off my jimmy
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Yeah...
Mystery solved.

*Post dedicated to Matt -- congratulations!

4 comments:

done said...

Good work cuddy, I could never understand this either.

Boothe said...

I'm very happy right now.

When I'm in the shower singing this part, I no longer have to say

sexyughhghghhghg-yyyyyy

fish said...

aw, shucks. thanks. now i can delete 'blog post' from our wedding registry.

Boothe said...

*nods*