Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kanye West - Power

Don't you hate it when someone says "I wish the song was longer"?

I finally had a chance to listen to Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and while listening to the track "Power", I thought to myself, here's a song that I think works better as a 1:42 track. The hook (and sampled vocals) are so strong that the lyrics in the verses become inconsequential. Having the track at this length also allows spares us from listening to that unfortunate "abomination of Obama's nation" rhyme.

The video for this song has also spoiled me. It's so powerful (pun) that listening to this track in its audio only form seems a little underwhelming to me.

I'm gonna delete it from my ipod, and just watch the video version whenever I want to hear the song.

1 comment:

Mo' Codenames said...

The shorter version has been floating about as an mp3, hasn't it?

The video for this song has also spoiled me. It's so powerful (pun) that listening to this track in its audio only form seems a little underwhelming to me.

Sorta feel the same way about Code Name by White