Saturday, August 28, 2010

Put This On

I've shown love to this blog in the past, but I'll do it again as I think it's one of the best men's style blogs on the net.

Lately I've been thinking about tightening up my wardrobe, and I found a great entry on the site listing a few essential items a man should have in his closet, including:

Navy blue blazer
Straight-cut blue jeans
Mid-gray wool pants
White and light blue shirts
Plain white sneakers

Pretty basic, huh? Well it works. I haven't done any real shopping in over 3 years, and I've been able to keep myself looking decent. I try to keep away from the items that appear to be time sensitive (uhm...boat shoes).

For a full list of essential items, check out the blog post here: The Essential Man's Wardrobe

They also produce videos covering different elements on men's style. The latest episode features director Paul Feig (Arrested Development, The Office), and nerdboyfriend's Roxana Altamirano, who I could listen to talk about clothes all day (she's very sweet).

Finally, Put This On hosts Jesse and Adam recently appeared on the podcast Battleship Pretension, where they discuss some of their favorite style icons and items that have appeared in past films. Michael Cera and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (favorites of this blog) are both mentioned. The conversation gets a little sophomoric at times, so if you're easily offended, you may want to skip.


Battleship Pretension (style in cinema conversation starts at 41:35)



3 comments:

MF said...

Wait, the blazer worn with the jeans?

Okay, there are cultural differences between Canada and the UK, but the blazer and jeans look here is the default outfit for middle aged white men who can't decide whether they want to dress smart or casual and end up with abortions like this :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/08/article-1218753-06960D74000005DC-153_306x612.jpg

WHERE'S TEH SYNERGY?????????

Boothe said...

oh wait...i wasn't trying to put together an outfit. i just randomly selected a few items because i didn't want to include the entire list. i should make a note of that somewhere.

MF said...

D'oh. Forgive my saturday morning reading comprehension.

That look seriously is ubiqituous here at weekends for every cracka over the age of 40. I think I'm gonna stop wearing jeans entirely when I reach that age to make sure I never end up dressing like this