Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goodbye George Bush, Hello Barack Obama



"I know it's a trend for people to Bush bash" - Common

One of the worst things (pop culture wise)that emerged from the Bush era, was the proliferation of the anti-Bush song. I know we all hated the man, but it started to get a little tiring. Especially when there were other unexplored topics to talk about...like love...riches...or the bitches.

Today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States of America. With him he brings hope, a chance for change, and the inspiration for artists to write more bad songs.

The pro-Obama song. It's the new anti-Bush; and just as terrible.

Will.I.Am was on Oprah yesterday to debut his new song titled "America's Song". If you liked that Yes We Can song, you'll LOVE this one.

Jay-Z has written a verse for Jeezy's track My President is Black, which he performed live recently. Needless to say the crowd ate it up (check the video below). Honestly, it made my eyes roll.

I shudder at the thought of all the musicians currently in the studio writing bad Obama tunes.


Jay-Z My President is black Remix LIVE 1-18-09 from pleasedontstare on Vimeo.

my president is black, in fact, he's half white
so even in a racist's mind, he's half right
if you got a racist mind, it's alright
my president is black but his house is all white
rosa parks sat so martin luther could walk
martin luther walked so barack obama could run
barack obama ran so all the children could fly
so i'ma spread my wings, you can meet me in the sky
i already got my own clothes, already got my own shoes
i was hot before barack, imagine what i'm gon do
hello miss america, hey, pretty lady
red, white and blue flag, wave for me, baby
never thought i'd say this shit: baby, i'm good
you can keep your puss, i don't want no more Bush
no more war, no more iraq
no more white lies, my president is black

No comments: