Friday, July 20, 2012

The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2012)



After the release of the first two teaser trailers, I told myself that I would be on blackout status until the film's release date.

I couldn't stop myself.

Along with the Coen Brothers, PTA is on my carte blanche list of directors. They can create something that looks entirely terrible, and I would still purchase a ticket to see it. This film does not look terrible.

Amy Adams and Philip Seymour Hoffman are two of the best actors on screen today.

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of Joaquin Phoenix, but he looks fantastic here.

This has winner written all over it.

My most anticipated film of 2012

3 comments:

Mr Bozack said...

when i first heard about this,i was hoping it might be a sort of take on "the magus" but apparently not. still should be top drawer though.

Boothe said...

Hadn't heard of "The Magus" before. Adding it to the reading list.

Thanks.

Mr Bozack said...

Awesome book.