Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Favorite Rappers

Father's Day, Sunday afternoon and I'm bored out of my mind. What do people do when they're bored? They make lists.

I present to you my list of favorite rappers. To be honest, I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about this list. I pretty much just went through all the hip hop tracks listed on my itunes and grabbed some names that stood out.

I want to note that this is NOT a "best rapper alive" list. Rather it's a list of rappers who I've enjoyed listening to over the years. Some might be obvious, others you've probably never heard of. Some continue to enjoy success, while others are long removed from the game.

I'll list them over the coming weeks, but if you're curious who made my list, you can try to guess who some of the rappers are by checking out my collection of rare photos which have been altered using my superior Microsoft Paint skills.


















4 comments:

MF said...

I might need glasses or just be mistaken by the red monoliths obscuring my visions, but i can see Datty X yet i can't see Grand Pubes...

SAY IT AINT SO, BOOTHE?????

Boothe (All Things) said...

Haha

Yeah, that's a major exclusion, especially since I've been bumping Reel To Reel for the last few days.

I definitely acknowledge Hagi God's skills on the mic, and at that period (90-93) he was without a doubt one of the greatest, but he didn't make the cut in the favorites list.

MF said...

Not a fan of '95 era Grand Pu' with the 2000 LP and his verse on DITC cuts like Flip Styles and Actual Facts?

I think i'd have Puba in my fav' rappers list just off Step To The Rear and Wake Up alone. Incredible versatility.

Mr Bozack said...

Get on with it then!

Yeh Pu' was the faeces.