Sunday, May 17, 2009

Backlog: The Shield

Finally completed the final season of Shawn Ryan's police drama.

The final episode was a bit of a downer, but ultimately a memorable and satisfying finale. I can't think of a series that ended with a better final scene. Laughter, empathy, fear and ultimately a strange sense of excitement were some of the feelings I had during the final minutes of the series.

Great performances all around, but I want to give a special shout out to CCH Pounder and Jay Karnes, who played Captain Wyms and Detective Wagenbach. I know the show was all about the strike team, but I enjoyed every moment these two were on screen. One of television's greatest partnerships.

1 comment:

DMac said...

yeah I agree, didn't go out the way I figured it would. Having said that, this has been a great show. Imo better than The Wire. I've just started watching Sons of Anarchy (created by the same dude who made The Shield) and it looks pretty interesting.

Also worth checking out Breaking Bad (really good)
Peace