Friday, September 5, 2008

Sebastian Horsley - Dandy In The Underworld: An Unauthorized Autobiography



"I'm flash, brash, trash."

It's only September, but I'm going to declare this title as my book of the year.

There are many reasons to not like Mr. Horsley, but if you look past his faults, you'll find a man who is very honest, funny (great quotes), and understands the value of always looking your best.

Art, drugs, family, prostitutes, clothing, Marc Bolan, sharks, and his crucifixion in the Philippines are all discussed in his memoirs. Shit eating and vegetables up the arse are some of the things that make this a very difficult book for me to recommend. If you can stomach this sort of thing, and are looking for a good laugh, give it a read.

I was introduced to Sebastian Horsley through this interview on Q with Jian Ghomeshi (who's obviously having a good time).

No comments: